Wife, mother, teacher, active community member and a strong dedicated advocate for your rights.Continue Reading
NEWS / EVENTS
Recent and most up to date happenings about Kelly Fenton and her run for the House Seat.Continue Reading
Looking to get involved? Door knocking, posting yard signs, event hosting or making calls.Continue Reading
MEET KELLY FENTON
As a wife, mother, teacher, and active community member, Kelly Fenton understands the importance of working together to find common-sense solutions to the challenges that Minnesotans face every day.
In 1988, Kelly graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and immediately put her education degree to work for the next generation as an elementary school teacher in Houston, Texas. Kelly also holds a Master’s of Administration and Supervision from the University of Houston.
After years in the classroom, Kelly brought her experience to an administrative role for the 4th largest school district in the United States under the leadership of former Secretary of Education Dr. Rod Paige while he was still the Superintendent of the Houston Independent School District. There, she helped to train and place future educators in schools through programs like Alternative Certification and Teach for America.
Kelly has become a proven, effective leader who has a record of getting results for Woodbury and the East Metro. Working across the aisle, she led the effort to bolster water testing for lead in schools, passed a major step therapy reform that will lower cost of prescription drugs for patients, and passed into law legislation to ensure 3M settlement dollars are spent wisely in East Metro communities.
Kelly has dedicated many years to serving her community, including:
• Former Deputy Chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota
• Current Board Member (2009 – Present) and Past President of Minnesota Excellence in Public Service, a nine-month series, leadership and political training institute for women
• Member of the Philanthropic Educational Organization (1998-Present), an organization focused on providing scholarships for women’s education
• Board Member and Director of Tournaments (2006-2010) of the Woodbury Athletic Association and Traveling Baseball program
• Sustainer and Active Member (1993-Present) of the Junior League of St. Paul
• Confirmation Catechist at St. Ambrose of Woodbury Catholic Community
• Graduate: Emerging Leaders Program; Darden School of Business University of Virginia
• Graduate: Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development ; University of Wisconsin-Madison
Kelly currently lives in Woodbury with Greg, her husband of 25 years, and their children: Will, James, and Hope, and looks forward to earning your support.